Wednesday, May 16, 2007

How to make millions

This idea is so freaking simple, but apparently IMPOSSIBLE to implement. Anyway, here is my idea:

Start a cafe at the airport. "What?" you are asking yourself. "But Drew, there are lots of restaurants and cafes at airports!" Yes, indeed there are. But there are ZERO with an abundance of electrical outlets. Seriously, I walked through several at the Denver airport this morning with that "are there any laptop outlets in here?" look on my face. You've seen it before and you know it well.

I'd call my restaurant "Charge Your Shit Here While You Feast on Overpriced Food & Drink." Nobody would care about the prices as long as I have a minimum of 2 outlets per seat. They'll do anything to hang and charge their electronics. Also, I'd work with all the airlines to set up a paging system for flights, so a customer would just tell me what flight they're on, and I'd let them know as soon as it started boarding. Is this hard to do?

If you are a VC and reading this, just send the check directly to me and you'll be rich. Soon.

No comments: